Wednesday 13 April 2011

Pele Good, Maradona Better, George BEST!

I'm sure most of you wankers, who believe know much about football, don't even have a clue of who George Best is, you all talk about Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, CR7, Rooney, Drogba, Terry etc, but I think there is a need for you to know about this amazing player. BEST became the first footballer to move from the back pages to the front, earning himself the nickname of ‘the fifth Beatle’ he was the firs rockstar-footballer, Becks and CRonaldo are just lame copies of him.

If ever anybody was a master of womanizing, partying and drinking, it was surely the one and only, the legendary George BEST. He was often missing from training sessions at Manchester United... by Missing I mean Miss Sweden, Miss America, Miss UK... Unfortunately he was the Original Machine of Self-Destruction, as he puts it himself "I was born with a great gift, and sometimes with that comes a destructive streak. Just as I wanted to outdo everyone when I played, I had to outdo everyone when we were out on the town."

Recently my dear friend @jPDela dared to say Giggs was better than him, I would like to quote Sir Alex Ferguson in regards to this issue since many have made comparisons, Ryan Giggs was once called ‘the new George Best’. Sir Alex took no time to dismiss this. “He’ll never be a Best. Nobody will,” said the "boss". “George was unique, the greatest talent our football ever produced easily! At Old Trafford they reckon he had double-jointed ankles. You remember how he could do those 180-degree turns simply by swivelling on his ankles? As well as devastating defenders, that helped him to avoid injuries because he was never really stationary for opponents to hurt him.” There you go Dela, there you go!

-I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. (My favourite quote, birds=girls in case you dont get it)

-I used to go missing a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.
-I've stopped drinking, but only while I'm asleep.
-In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life.
-I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: "What's an IQ?"
Best on Paul Gascoigne.
-I was in for 10 hours and had 40 pints - beating my previous record by 20 minutes.
In regards to a blood transfusion for his liver transplant



Player Statistics:

Date of birth: 22 May 1946
Place of birth: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Position: Winger
Clubs: Manchester United (1963-74), Jewish Guild (1974), Stockport County (1975), Cork Celtic (1975-76), Los Angeles Aztecs (1976, 1977-78), Fulham (1976-78), Fort Lauderdale Strikers (1978-79), Hibernian (1979-81), San Jose Earthquakes (1980-81), Hong Kong Rangers (1982), Bournemouth (1983), Brisbane Lions (1983) 
National team:
 37 appearances (9 goals)

Honours * 1 European Champions Cup (1968)
* 2 English league titles (1965, 1967)
* 1 European Footballer of the Year (1968)

No comments:

Post a Comment